What is Collaborate?
Collaborate allows lecturers to schedule synchronous virtual classroom and webinar sessions. There are a number of tools for moderators such as a virtual white board, screen sharing, web tours and polling. Participants can communicate through text chat, as well as using a microphone or web cam when permitted. It can be very useful in distance learning as well as when using a blended approach. Aston has integrated Collaborate with Blackboard to allow for easy scheduling of sessions as well as convenient user management.
- record, share, and reflect on previous sessions
- greater real time student interactions
- ability to give and receive feedback using video or audio
- delivery formats can vary from the formal “presentation” (webinar) format, to the more interactive virtual classroom
- secure environment closed to participants only
- Invite guest speakers/lectures from around the globe to present/participate
- full integration with Blackboard offers a local or global virtual classrooms
- reduces carbon footprint
- add rich media and web tours to any presentation
- offer virtual tutorials and support to remote locations
- enable students to present to peers and lecturers
Collaborate sessions can be accessed using an iPhone or iPad.
How do I use it?
Where can I get help?
Your first point of contact should be your lecturer.
If you’re having technical problems with Blackboard email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For one to one help and to discuss any training requirements email email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical problems email firstname.lastname@example.org.