You are unable to populate breakout groups using Course Sets from Blackboard Learn. After clicking the dropdown to select Course Group Set, you are told that authenticating with Blackboard was successful, but there is no option to choose the group from the course in Blackboard Learn. Blackboard are aware and working on a fix. There’s Continue Reading…https://collaborate.tlc.aston.ac.uk/help-support/moderators/working-with-breakout-groups/
- Breakout Groups can be accessed from the Share Content panel.
- The available settings include deciding whether to assign students to groups randomly or manually (custom assignment), the number of students per group and whether you want students to be able to move to another group. If (as is most likely), the students don’t fit into the groups exactly evenly, Collaborate may create some groups with fewer students but this is usually only by one.
InfoA maximum of 20 groups can be created at any one time.
- When you are ready to start your Breakout Groups, click the Start button at the bottom of the tab:
- After initially being allocated participants can be moved from the main room into one of the Breakout Group rooms by dragging and dropping their name on the Breakout Group panel into the Group you want them to join.
- To create a new group, simply click the plus button underneath any group entry:Groups are named numerically and sequentially as they are added (even if you don’t click the button directly below the last group). They can be renamed to something more appropriate for your use by clicking on the group name and typing in the text box.
- To view a group, drag your own name into the group you wish to move to.
Students receive the Presenter role when in a Breakout Group room. This gives them the ability to use all of the share content tools to enable them to complete group activities.