You can invite people to join your Collaborate session if they are not enrolled on your module, or they are not a member of Aston University.
- As you create your Collaborate session tick the box to allow Guest access.
- Now select the Guest role – this determines the role that those joining the session via the guest link will have.
- All guests joining via the link will have the same role, you cannot pre-determine one person to be a presenter and another person to be a participant.
- The Guest role can be changed at any point prior to the meeting and this will not affect the text of the guest link.
- If you change the Guest role during the live session this will immediately impact on those joining via the guest link – even if you do not save the settings.
- Click Create to create the session and save the settings.
- The guest link will now become available. You can copy the guest link by clicking on the square.
Please note that if a student access a Collaborate session via the Guest link, they will not be officially recorded as attending the session – as Collaborate cannot reconcile the student’s true user account from a simple Guest credential. To guarantee that a student has their attendance recorded on a session, please ensure that your students access the Collaborate session via your Blackboard Learn course, instead.