Participants are told the session failed to launch if they try to join.
A fix for this is available in the latest version of Blackboard, which we are scheduled to upgrade to on November 22nd.
In the meantime, the workaround provided by Blackboard is to add all of members of the Blackboard course as participants to the Collaborate session:
- Go to the Collaborate tool in the Blackboard course for the module
- Locate the session, and click Edit Session
- Scroll down to the Roles and Access section, and click Restrict access to this session
- Click the Add Participants button
- If the list of users spans more than one page, scroll down and click Show All
- Click the checkbox in the heading of the table – this will select all the users on the course.
- Scroll down and click Submit
- This will add all of the users to the session as participants. Scroll down and Save the settings for the session
Alternatively, instead of scheduling individual session, you can use the Course Room. This is a tool you can enable which gives you a Collaborate session that is always open, and is unaffected by this issue. More information.
One thought on “Failed to launch the session”
Added instructions for a workaround.
Comments are closed.